Family skiing area Emberger Alm 1,670 m - 2,120 m
The little skiing area is situated on a sun plateau with guaranteed snow on the southern face of the Kreuzeckgruppe mountain range between Spittal and Lienz. For some, driving up the road to the skiing area might seem troublesome but it will be rewarded with a great panoramic view, uncrowded and diverse slopes and friendly lift staff. Of course, we will also come and pick you up from the valley on request. It is a nice and friendly skiing area where people still know each other and are considerate of their fellow snow-lovers. This is what constitutes the Emberger Alm flair. Your winter holiday starts upon arrival at your accommodation!
The little ones immediately feel as snug as a bug in a rug: right from their accommodation to the slopes, a snowball fight afterwards, building snow castles or going sledging... And older fans of winter sports will find all possible slope varieties, from the beginner's terrain to the steep slope and various off-piste routes. No matter if you prefer the snowboard, skis or a ski-tour - let yourself be surprised! There is even a panoramic cross-country ski trail which is 5 km long to one end and back. Alternatively, you can simply do a winter hike, go snowshoeing or start a ski tour. The possibilities are limitless. Our local skiing school will gladly help you to improve your individual skills or provides you with state-of-the-art rental equipment. We are also happy to host your company's or club's ski race with the help of the local skiing club SV Berg.
And even if it is not exactly snowing cats and dogs, we can lend the weather gods a hand with our snow cannons.
Numbers and facts around the skiing area
- Two T-bar lifts, one button lift, and one beginners lift will help you conquer an altitude difference of 470 m
- 10 kilometres of slopes with the following levels of difficulty: 3 km blue, 3.5 km red, 0.5 km black and 3 km off-piste
- about 16 hectare of total slope surface, 10 of which can be covered with artificial snow
- mountain cross-country skiing track (about 2.5 km per length)
- about 5 km of winter hiking routes
- about 5 km of snowshoeing routes
- ski tours to the Nassfeldriegel summit, ascending about 500 - 620 m
- about 150-m-long children's sledging hill
- Snow telephone: +43 4712 794 or +43 4712 796